Every now and then I will receive a Word (Docx) file as an email attachment. I have configured my Google Account to allow me to open these files as documents and have them converted into Google Docs format. In the video below I demonstrate how to configure this setting.
Here are the most popular posts of the week from Free Technology for Teachers:
1. 5 Tools That Help Students Organize Research and Create Bibliographies
2. Poetica – Edit Documents Online as if You Were Writing on Paper
3. How to Find and Use Report Card Templates in Google Drive
4. Booktrack – Create and Listen to Soundtracks for Books
5. 14 Educational Resources for Earth Day 2014
6. Doctopus Is Now Easier to Use Than Ever Before – Automate Workflow in Google Drive
7. Five Visual Dictionaries and Thesauri for Students
This week I opened registration for a new, re-vamped, offering of my Practical Ed Tech webinar series How To Use Google Drive in School. The new version of the webinar series reflects all of the updates to Google Drive that have been released over the last three months. Click here to register. Register by April 24th and use the code “Drive” to receive a discount on the registration fee.