Creating a fake Facebook profile for a character in a book or of a famous person in history could be a good way to get students interested in writing about that person. Doing that on Facebook.com is a violation of Facebook’s terms of service, but there are ways to create fake Facebook profiles without using Facebook.com. One of those ways is to use Derrick Waddell‘s Facebook template for historical figures. The template is a Google Drawings template. In the video embedded below I demonstrate how to use the template.
Here are this week’s most popular posts from FreeTech4Teachers.com:
1. 5 Good Google Tools for Social Studies Students
2. How to Create Historical Facebook Profiles With Google Drawings
3. 5 Ways Your Students Can Create Digital Valentine’s Day Greetings
4. Complete This Free Course and Become a Power Google Searcher
5. 11 Backchannel & Informal Assessment Tools Compared in One Chart
6. 7 Tools for Creating Multimedia Quizzes Compared in One Chart
7. How to Mix Privacy Settings on Google Calendar – And a Handful of Other Google Calendar Tutorials
Registration is now live for the Practical Ed Tech Summer Camps! Last year’s camp sold out so I added a second one to the calendar for 2016. Subscribers to the PracticalEdTech.com newsletter get a special discount until April 1st. Click here to learn more.