Maintaining a classroom, library, or school blog should be a central part of your communication strategy. Your blog is the place that you should direct people back to for in-depth information about your classroom, library, or school. Social media and text messaging can help you direct people to your blog for those in-depth and complete explanations of what is happening in your classroom, library, or school. When you direct people back to your blog, you might want to greet them with a featured post. In the following video I explain how to create featured posts in Blogger and in WordPress-based blogs (Edublogs, Kidblog, WordPress.com).
This is one of many strategies that I will be sharing in my webinar, Winning Blog Strategies. Registration is now open.
Here are this week’s most popular posts from FreeTech4Teachers.com:
1. Creative Commons Explained In Simple Terms
2. Get More Room to Work In Google Docs With Just One Click
3. How to Share Google Docs With People Who Don’t Have Google Accounts
4. How to Use a Whiteboard in Google+ Hangouts
5. Flubaroo Adds a New Feedback Option – Stickers & Badges
6. World Population History – An Interactive Map and Timeline
7. 5 Fun Geography Games for Geography Awareness Week
My new Wednesday webinar series started last week. The next two webinars in the series are Winning Blog Strategies and YouTube, It’s Not Just Cats & Khan Academy. If you missed the first webinar, the recording is now available on the Quick & Powerful Video Projects page.