Last week I received an email from a reader who was looking for a suggestion for a free alternative to Educreations to use on a Mac or Windows computer. The tool that immediately came to my mind was PixiClip. PixiClip is a good tool for creating simple instructional videos in your computer’s web browser. PixiClip provides a whiteboard space on which you can draw, upload images to mark-up, and type. While adding elements to your PixiClip whiteboard you can talk and or record a video of yourself talking. In fact, you can’t use the whiteboard without at least recording your voice at the same time. Recordings can be shared via social media, embedded into blog posts, or you could grab the link and include it on a webpage.
Here are this week’s most popular posts from FreeTech4Teachers.com:
1. Two Ways to Visually Show Classroom Noise – Best of 2016
2. Blogging Platforms for Teachers Compared and Ranked – Best of 2016
3. 10 Sites and Apps for Vocabulary and Spelling Practice – Best of 2016
4. Kahoot Adds a Team Mode – Best of 2016
5. 15 Tools for Teaching History With Technology – Best of 2016
6. Great Tools for Creating Screencasts – Best of 2016
7. 5 Tips for New Chromebook Users – Best of 2016
Join me on Wednesday afternoon for Google Forms & Sheets for Beginners.
Need re-certification hours or graduate credit hours? If so, consider joining Blogs & Social Media for Teachers & School Leaders starting on Tuesday night.