Metaverse is a free platform for creating your own augmented reality activities for others to experience on their iPhones and Android phones. Through the Metaverse platform you can create augmented reality scavenger hunts, trivia games, or identification activities. I introduced Metaverse to participants in the Practical Ed Tech Chromebook Camp and they came up with a variety of other ideas for using Metaverse in classrooms.
Creating an activity on Metaverse is done through an design tool that functions like a storyboard to outline and program the actions that you want your app to perform. You then connect each frame of the storyboard with action commands that you pick from a menu of action options. The more scenes you add to your storyboard, the more options you can add to your app. Essentially, creating an augmented reality app through Metaverse is the same process as designed a good choose-your-own-adventure story. Playlist of videos embedded below show you everything you need to know to get started on designing your own augmented reality experiences.
Here are the week’s most popular posts from FreeTech4Teachers.com:
1. Students Can Now Guide Themselves In Google Expeditions
2. Save Time by Using JoeZoo Express to Give Feedback in Google Docs
3. The Periodic Table in Pictures and Words
4. How to Use Google’s My Maps in Your Classroom
5. My Favorite Internet Search Tips for Teachers & Students
6. Summarize the Day With Pic Collage
7. 9 Features of ClassDojo’s Digital Portfolio Platform – Coming Soon