History teachers, come learn new ways to enhance your lessons with technology. In Teaching History With Technology you will learn how to develop engaging and challenging learning activities through the use of tools like Google Earth and Maps, video production tools, primary source databases, and how to help your students become better researchers. This course features three interactive online meetings along with a discussion forum in which you can further interact with me and your classmates. The cost of the course is $97 including access to the live sessions, recordings of the webinars, handouts, and PD certificate.
This three week course will be offered four times in the spring and summer. Register by clicking on a session title link.
Certificates of completion are awarded for three hours of professional development.
Spring Session – May 8, 15, and 22 at 3pm EDT
Summer Session 1 – May 31, June 7 and 14 at 3pm EDT
Summer Session 2 – July 10, 17, and 24 at 7pm EDT
Summer Session 3 – August 2, 9, and 16 at 3pm EDT
Highlights of the course:
- Get your students to go beyond the basics of Google search.
- Master tools for collaborative research and information analysis.
- Learn how to locate and help students locate online primary resources.
- Learn how to create interactive, multimedia maps.
- Digital storytelling with multimedia timelines.
- Find and use flipped video lessons.
- Create your own flipped video lessons.
- Find and use virtual tours. Create your own virtual tours.
To give everyone the attention they deserve, registration is limited to 25 participants.
Questions? Send an email to richardbyrne (at) freetech4teachers.com
Refund/ Cancellation Policy:
No refunds will be given for cancellations received less than seven days before the start of the course.