When most people think about YouTube they think about sharing videos and or about all of the videos they can discover. Most people don’t think about the useful editing tools that are built into YouTube. The YouTube video editor has some useful features for teachers and students. Today, we will explore some of the features of YouTube that often get overlooked by teachers and students.
1. Search tools.
2. What’s inside your YouTube account:
- Collaboratively create playlists. https://youtu.be/EgjDdhAWBrg
- Embed playlists to automatically update in your blog/ website.
- Subscribe to YouTube channels.
3. Creating videos.
- Audio slideshows https://youtu.be/3-IiGnrjZ1o
- Add text boxes to your audio slideshow. https://youtu.be/kdxFmmX-Zz4
- Webcam recordings – video blog entries.
- Mobile uploads with the YouTube apps.
- Create slow-motion videos.
- Blur faces.
- Stabilize footage.
- Creating choose-your-own-adventure videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp18wujtt48&feature=youtu.be
- Adding captions to videos.
- Adding custom cover art to your videos.
4. YouTube privacy settings.
- Comment and ratings moderation.
5. Organizing your YouTube channel.
- Playlist sequencing.
- Channel homepage.
- Channel sections.