Eighty minutes is a long stretch of time for 9th grade students. So when I taught freshmen I always tried to break up the blocks with with short breaks and timed hands-on activities. To keep things on schedule I used a countdown timer that was displayed through my LCD projector. Google recently revived the countdown timer feature in search. you can now simply type into Google search “set timer” followed by an amount of time and a countdown timer is displayed. An alarm beeps when time is up. You can make the timer appear full screen without advertisements by clicking a little box icon to the right of the timer. You can see this feature in action in the video below.
If you’re viewing this in RSS or email, click here if you cannot see the video.
Here are this week’s most popular posts from Free Technology for Teachers:
1. ScreenCastify – A Screencasting Option That Works on Chromebooks
2. Find Science Lesson Plans, Videos, and Animations on BioInteractive
3. Why Visuals Matter In Storytelling
4. Word Tamer – An Interactive Journey in Creative Writing
5. 26 Videos About the Science of the Winter Olympics
6. AirPano – Gorgeous 360 Degree Virtual Tours of the World
7. Fun With Bad Math In Pictures
Would you like to come learn with me in Maine this summer?
Click here to learn more about the Practical Ed Tech Summer Camp. Register early and save up to $100 on the cost of registration.