Creating a book trailer video can be a great alternative to writing a book report. One of the benefits of creating a book trailer instead of a written book report is that students are more likely to watch each other’s videos than they are to read each other’s book reports. A good book trailer video will get viewers interested in reading a new book. To create a good book trailer video students will have to make a list of highlights of a book and arrange them into proper sequence. Students should also include commentary on why they liked a book and why someone else should read it. In the video embedded below I demonstrate how to create a book trailer video using a small collection of free web tools. Those tools are Stupeflix, Photos for Class, Bitly, and Vocaroo.
Here are this week’s most popular posts from FreeTech4Teachers.com:
1. 5 Reasons to Have a Classroom Blog
2. 7 Tools for Creating Classroom Blogs
3. My Three Favorite Video Creation iPad Apps for Elementary School
4. Three Geography Games Based on Google Maps and Google Earth
5. 5 Ways to Quickly Get Your Students On the Same Webpage
6. A Good Example of a Student & Teacher Blog – And How to Make Your Own
7. Beware of the Copycat Trap!
Take a look at the online workshops I’m hosting throughout the spring and summer.