For many years teachers from all over the world came to Maine join me for the Practical Ed Tech Summer Camp. Last year I had to shift to a virtual model. While I was hoping to return to an in-person format, this summer I’m going to host the Practical Ed Tech Summer Camp as a virtual event once again.
This summer I’m going to host three sessions of Practical Ed Tech Virtual Summer Camp. There will be a session in June, one in July, and a session in August. Each session will consist of ten live webinars spread across five days. All of the webinars will also be recorded for those who cannot attend the live sessions. Register here for the session of your choice.
You Should Attend!
Anyone who has an interest in learning new ideas for using technology in education is welcome to join and learn. In the past I’ve had teachers of all subjects and grade levels participate. Some have returned for multiple years. Teacher-librarians, instructional coaches, principals, and professors have all participated in past editions of the Practical Ed Tech Summer Camp.
You don’t need to be a “techy” person to participate and learn. All you need is a willingness to learn and a connection to the Internet.
Ten Big Topics to be Covered
- Teaching Search Strategies & Digital Citizenship
- Video Projects for Every Classroom
- Classroom Podcasting 101
- Building Digital Portfolios
- Fun Formative Assessment Methods
- Using AR & VR in Your Classroom
- Making Virtual Tours
- Easy Ways to Make Your Own Apps
- Simple Electronics in Makerspaces
- Blending Technology Into Outdoor Lessons
When Is It?
- There will be a live webinar at 10am and 1pm ET Monday through Friday of each week.
- Session 1: June 21st-25th
- Session 2: July 12th-16th
- Session 3: August 2nd-6th
- Access to the live webinars and live Q&A sessions.
- Access to recordings of all ten webinars.
- Certificate for ten hours of professional development time (consult your school or licensing/ certification body with questions about applicability for license/ certification renewal).
Register by May 1st and use the discount code “April21” to get an additional $25 off the early registration price (discount applies only to registrations completed entirely through the ticketing page).
Register by June 1st to get the early registration price.
Group discounts are available to schools/ districts registering five or more people at the same time are eligible for a group rate. Send me and email at richard (at) byrne.media for more information about group rates.
Send me an email at richard (at) byrne.media and I’ll be happy to answer any questions that you have.