You have lots of great ideas and resources to share with the world. Start a blog! – But how do you start a blog? How do you get people to read your blog? How do you get people to share your ideas with their friends and colleagues? How do you find the time to write blog posts on a regular basis? In Blogger Jumpstart I’ll show you the answers to these questions and many more.
Over the last eight years I’ve published more than 11,000 blog posts across four blogs. Along the way I’ve grown my primary blog, FreeTech4Teachers.com, from less than 1,000 pageviews per month to more than 1,000,000 per month. In doing so I’ve learned, often the hard way, what works in blogging. More importantly, I’ve learned what does work. In Blogger Jumpstart on June 10th and 11th I’ll share all of those lessons that I’ve learned.
Blogger Jumpstart is a live two night event in which I will share all the lessons I’ve learned about what works and doesn’t work in blogging. The cost of this course is $97. The course will be conducted in two 90 minute live webinars. Each webinar will begin at 8pm Eastern Time. It will be recorded for those who cannot attend the live sessions. The recordings, slides, and workbook are yours to keep and refer to forever.
Here’s some of what will be covered in Blogger Jumpstart!
- Picking the right blogging platform for you (and why I wouldn’t start with Blogger if I had to start over again).
- Identifying the audience for your blog (hint: “teachers” is too broad an audience).
- Determining what your audience wants.
- How to maintain a consistent blogging schedule.
- Developing blog post topics.
- Creating content that people want to share with their friends and colleagues.
- Why social media is your best friend and your worst enemy.
- Why you don’t have to be on every social network all the time.
- How email can be your best friend.
- Handling feedback, positive and negative.
- How blogging kept me in teaching when I thought I was going to have to quit.
- Why advertising is the hardest way to make money from a blog. The many ways you can monetize your blogging efforts.
This course is for you!
This course is for you if…
- You’ve tried blogging before and you didn’t get the results that you had hoped for.
- You have a blog and you want to take it to the next level – more visitors, more influence in your field, more rewards for your efforts.
- You’ve thought about starting a blog but just didn’t know where to start.
- You’ve started to get some requests for advertising, speaking, or consulting and you don’t know what to charge.
- You’re just generally curious about how I make a living (hint, it’s a bunch of things related to my blogs).
This course is not…
- A “get rich by blogging course.” While you can make money from blogging and I’ll show you how I do it, it takes a full-time effort to make a full-time living through blogging.
- A step-by-step guide to the technical aspects of buying and redirecting domains, software installation, or blog design. The course will provide recommended resources for all of those things.
- About classroom/ school blogs. Blogs & Social Media for Teachers & School Leaders covers all of the content related to classroom/ school blogs.
- June 10th and 11th at 8pm Eastern Time.
- Blogger Jumpstart costs $97.
- All three live webinars are recorded and sent to you to keep forever along with the slides and workbook.
- Registration is limited! Registration is limited to allow for more time for your questions. If we go over an hour, I’ll keep answering questions until everyone has had his/ her question answered.
- Click here to register today!
Nice things people have said about my webinars.
- I have found the two courses that I have taken to be very valuable and have helped me to advocate for a more open tech environment in my district.
- Thanks for a great program on blogs and social media. Lots of food for thought for me in my current role as a high school social studies teacher and my future role as a media specialist. I recommended your course to one of my colleagues during the first session, and she spoke so highly of it I had to join myself!
- Usually, I know more than the presenter in PD webinars, but tonight I couldn’t take notes fast enough. I can’t wait to watch the recording.