Blogs and Social Media for Teachers and School Leaders is designed to help teachers and school leaders develop an understanding of the many ways they can use blogs and social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and more) to enhance communication between school and home. After learning about how each of the tools works we’ll dive into developing strategies for implementation.
Blogging isn’t new and it isn’t as flashy as virtual reality in the classroom, but it is a valuable activity for students, teachers, and school leaders. In fact, too often it is under-utilized by teachers and school leaders. One cause of that under-utilization is due in part to not having a clear strategy for implementation. Another reason for under-utilization of blogs is a lack of understanding of just how many ways blogs can be used by students, teachers, and school leaders. I developed this course to address all of those issues and help teachers and school leaders develop an understanding of the many ways they can use blogs and social media to improve communication between school and home.
Blogs and Social Media for Teachers and School Leaders is a three week webinar series during which teachers and school administrators will learn the how to choose the best blogging platform for their situations, how to set-up a blog for classroom and school-wide use, and learn about strategies on how to manage blogs in classroom and school-wide settings. Participants will also learn how to avoid the mistakes that often lead to blogging endeavors being abandoned. After establishing blogs we’ll jump into using social networks like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to reach out to parents, students, and other members of school communities.
Click a session title to register.
Spring Session – May 4, 11, and 18 at 4pm EDT
Summer Session – June 6, 13, and 20 at 7pm EDT
Who is this webinar series for?
Teachers, school administrators, media specialists, and teacher-librarians who:
- Have never created blogs… or…
- Have have tried blogging but didn’t get the results they hoped for…or…
- Have wondered what all the fuss is about Twitter and Google+…or…
- Are planning to lead PD sessions about blogs and social media and want to learn how to structure their trainings as well as access hand-outs they can use in their own training sessions.
- This webinar series costs $97 per seat.
- Subscribers to the Practical Ed Tech newsletter receive a special discount code.
- Click on a session title above to register.
- Three hours of live instruction with Q&A opportunities.
- Access to recordings of each session (recordings can be downloaded for unlimited personal use).
- Digital hand-outs to download and re-use for personal use as well as re-use within their school districts.
- Certificate of completion.
FAQs About Practical Ed Tech Webinars
Q1. What type of computer and or software do I need in order to participate?
A1. You will need a Windows or Mac computer. GoToTraining is Java based. GoToTraining currently supports Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. GoToTraining currently supports Mac OSX.
Q2. If I miss a webinar or I am late to a webinar can I watch a recording of it?
A2. Yes, all webinars are recorded and those recordings are available within 24 hours of the completion of each live webinar.
Q3. I have a bunch of teachers from my school that I want to enroll, how can I do that?
- A3. Send an email to richardbyrne (at) freetech4teachers.com with a list of names and email addresses and your teachers will be registered. This saves you the time of entering registration information multiple times.
No refunds will be issued for cancellations received less than seven days before the course begins.