Teaching History With Technology is an on-demand course that will teach you how to utilize technology to create engaging history lessons. You’ll learn how to use augmented and virtual reality in social studies lessons, how to use digital mapping tools, and how to develop videos with your students. This course will also help you help your students become better online researchers. Whether you teach elementary school, middle school, or high school, you can use the concepts taught in this course.
This course is a series of eight modules. Each module contains one or two instructional videos, a downloadable outline, and suggested activities to try in your classroom.
Enroll in Teaching History With Technology and you’ll also get access to me for any questions that you have as you work through the course, handouts to download, and a professional development certificate. And your access to the course materials never expires!
The eight big concepts covered in this course:
- Making and using virtual tours.
- Search Strategies for History Students
- Using technology to help students analyze historical/ primary source documents.
- Making artifacts interactive.
- Using and recording audio in history lessons.
- Creating multimedia timelines with students.
- Creating multimedia maps.
- Creating videos and teaching with video.