Social Studies teachers, take this course to learn new ways to enhance your lessons with technology. In Teaching History With Technology you will learn how to develop engaging and challenging learning activities through the use of tools like Google Earth and Maps, video production tools, and virtual reality. You will also learn how to help your students become better researchers.
Teaching History With Technology is a series of five live webinars. Each interactive webinar features practical ideas for using technology to create new, engaging lessons or to update some of your existing “go-to” history lessons. Detailed handouts are provided with every webinar. And if you miss a meeting or you just want to see something again, a recording of the webinars will be available to you too.
Highlights of the course:
- Search strategies history students need to know.
- Creating virtual reality history activities.
- Recording history with students.
- Unlock the potential of multimedia mapping.
- See the list of lessons here.
Cost, Dates, and Logistics
- This course is comprised of five live webinars. The webinars will be held at 4pm Eastern Time on May 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30, 2019.
- The cost for this interactive, online course is $147. Register by April 30th to save $15.
- Every webinar will be recorded for those who cannot attend the live sessions.
- Live Q&A is a part of every webinar and you can ask more questions between webinars via email.
- Practice activities to hone your skills between webinars.
- You can receive a certificate for five professional development hours for completing the course. Check with your governing body for applicability of hours toward license/certification renewal.
Payment and Refund Policy:
- Purchase orders and checks are only accepted for group registration (five registrant minimum).
- Discount offers are only valid for registrations completed entirely through the PracticalEdTech.com website.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations received less than seven days prior to the course beginning.