Flippity.net publishes a number of useful Google Sheets templates. The latest template released on Flippty can be used to create a random name picker in Google Sheets. To create a random name picker from a Google Sheet simply use the template provided by Flippity and modify the spreadsheet to include the names of your students instead of the placeholder names in the template sheet. After modifying the template publish your new spreadsheet to the web, grab the Sheet’s URL, and place that URL into the Flippity name picker. In the video embedded below I demonstrate how to use Flippity’s random name picker template.
This week I wrapped up the last session of my online course Blogs & Social Media for Teachers & School Leaders. That five week course carried a graduate credit option. A number of people asked if I would offer it again. Due to the time constraints of the new school year starting soon, I decided to offer a condensed version of that course. Classroom Blog Jumpstart will be a three night event (August 17, 18, 19) in which I’ll cover everything you need to know to create an awesome classroom blog. Learn more about it here.
Here are this week’s most popular posts from FreeTech4Teachers.com:
1. 12 Good Resources for Teaching Digital Citizenship – A PDF Handout
2. How to Create & Distribute Flipped Lessons Through EDPuzzle
3. How to Save Time When Replying to Email
4. ClassDojo Introduces a New Way to Communicate With Parents
5. How to Create a Random Name Picker in Google Sheets
6. 5 Posts to Jumpstart Your Classroom Blog
7. SimplyCircle Helps You Organize Communication With Parents