Keynotes & Workshops
I’ve had the pleasure of delivering keynote presentations at conferences all over the United States, Canada, and Australia. Every conference is unique and so my keynotes are tailored to the needs of each conference. All of my keynotes include interactive elements for the audience. And I’m known to share a Dad joke or two.
Topics of recent keynotes
- Using Technology to Bring Joy Back Into Your Teaching
- Built to Last – What Works in Educational Technology
- Leading Students in a Google World
- The Past, Present, and Future of Educational Technology
- Using Technology to Solve School Challenges
Workshops and Conference Breakout Sessions
Keynotes are great, but when the talking stops it’s time to put ideas into action. I’ve lead hundreds of workshops and conference breakout sessions over the last decade. Like my keynotes, my workshops are always being updated to give participants the best possible learning experience. Conference breakout sessions are typically 45-60 minute deep-dives into a topic. Workshops are typically 3-6 hours of hands-on learning.
Popular Workshop and Breakout Session Topics
- AI – Friend or Foe?
- Using Tech to Make Yourself a Better Teacher
- Making and Teaching With Animated Explanations
- Getting Going With Google Workspace for Edu
- Video Projects for Every Classroom
- Teaching History With Technology
- Search Strategies Students Need to Know
- Classroom Podcasting 101
- Discovery, Discussion, and Demonstration
- How to Use AR & VR in Your Classroom
- Fast & Fun Formative Assessment
- Blending Technology Into Outdoor Lessons
- Best of the Web 2023
- Using Electronics in Makerspaces
- Introduction to Arduino
- Digital Mapping for More Than Just Geography
How to Book Me
Send me an email at richard (at) byrne.media or fill out the contact form at the bottom of the page. Please include the date(s) that you would like to book and a little bit of information about your event. I’ll get in touch within 24 hours with details about my availability, fees, and to schedule a quick call to talk about the best topics for your event.
(School email filters can be finicky so if you don’t hear from me within 24 hours please check your spam box and or email me from a Gmail or other non-school email address).
“I just wanted to say thank you for all of your help last week. Your keynotes were spot on and your professionalism was extremely appreciated.”
Lindsay Bellino – Pearson
Thanks for coming to Indiana yesterday; it was totally worth the 2.5 hour drive from Indianapolis to meet you in person!”
Scott Dooley – Media Specialist – Christel House Academy
First of all, THANK YOU for a wonderful class at Sunday River. On the first day, I said that I wanted to learn ways to stay organized and sane while teaching computer skills to 500 middle school students per week. I left your class with a new outlook and a new set of tools that will help me in the fall. – Sara Donovan
I’d take another course from you anytime. You are very knowledgeable, and your experience in the classroom “makes it real.” Thanks so much,