This is the time of year that we see lots of retrospective videos. Last week YouTube released their year-in-review video and before too long we’ll see plenty of more year-in-review videos from news outlets. Your students can create their own year-in-review videos by using Wideo. Wideo enables anyone to create animated videos and or slideshow style videos. If you choose to use the slideshow style, you can insert hyperlinks into each slide to make the video interactive. In the video embedded below I demonstrate how to create an interactive video on Wideo.
By popular request, I am offering a new section of my online course Getting Going With GAFE. The course carries a graduate credit option. The first meeting is on January 5th. All registration information can be seen here. Remember, subscribers to the Practical Ed Tech newsletter receive a discount on courses.
Here are this week’s most popular posts on FreeTech4Teachers.com:
1. A Short Overview of 12 Tools for Creating Flipped Classroom Lessons
2. 5 Great Things You Can Do With Google Sheets
3. 11 Apps and Sites for Learning to Code
4. 5 Things We Can do to Prepare Students to Work Independently
5. YouTube – It’s Not Just Cats & Khan Academy
6. A Couple of Ways to Add Reminders to Google Calendar
7. What’s an Algorithm? What Does an Algorithm Do?