This ten part course covers all of my favorite search strategies that students should know how to use. In the course I demonstrate how I’ve taught these strategies to elementary school, middle school, and high school students.
In the course you’ll find ideas for how to get your students to look beyond the first page of Google search results and dive deeper into the online research process. Other highlights of the course include:
- Search refinement strategies and tools for all students.
- Alternatives to Google search.
- How to save and organize search results.
- Developing your own school-safe search engine.
The course materials include templates that you can use and modify for your needs. These templates include:
- Creating search challenges for students
- Pre-search checklists for students
- Paired search activities for students
- Research documentation templates
Complete at your pace!
The course has ten self-paced modules. The longest module will take about 20 minutes to complete. You can start, stop, and resume as you often as you like. Your access to the course is good for one year from the date of registration.