Learn how to make history videos, podcasts, apps, virtual tours, and more!
Social Studies teachers, take this course to learn new ways to enhance your lessons with technology. In Teaching History With Technology you will learn how to develop engaging and challenging learning activities through the use of tools like Google Earth and Maps, video production tools, and virtual reality. You will also learn how to help your students become better researchers.
Teaching History With Technology is a series of five live webinars. Each interactive webinar features practical ideas for using technology to create new, engaging lessons or to update some of your existing “go-to” history lessons. Detailed handouts are provided with every webinar. And if you miss a meeting or you just want to see something again, a recording of the webinars will be available to you too.
Next Session Begins April 13th
The next session begins on April 13th at 4pm ET. The course will be held live at 4pm ET on five consecutive Tuesdays. Each session will be recorded for those who cannot attend every live meeting.
Highlights of the course:
- Search strategies history students need to know.
- How to make your own history review apps!
- Creating virtual reality history activities.
- Recording history with students.
- Making videos in history classes.
- Unlock the potential of multimedia mapping.
Cost, Dates, and Logistics
- This course is comprised of five live webinars meeting at 4pm ET on April 13th, 20th, 27th, May 4th, and May 11th.
- The cost for this interactive, online course is $147. Use the code THWT2021 to save $15. If you have a discount code from another webinar, you can use that.
- Every webinar will be recorded for those who cannot attend the live sessions.
- Live Q&A is a part of every webinar and you can ask more questions between webinars via email.
- Practice activities to hone your skills between webinars.
- You can receive a certificate for five professional development hours for completing the course. Check with your governing body for applicability of hours toward license/certification renewal.
Nice Things People Say About My Courses
Your sessions were so helpful. You are really good at helping others learn!
I attended a webinar of yours yesterday, and I would like to say thank you.
It was thought provoking and useful to the point of encouraging me to see other aspects. It has given me another way to explain this topic to my students.
Thanks again for being a great teacher.
This is an awesome bootcamp with more stuff to learn than I could have ever imagined.