Over the last five years I’ve been fortunate to have the opportunity to facilitate many workshops on creating and using blogs in school. And through the course of using blogs with my own students as well as writing more than 8,000 blog posts for Free Technology for Teachers, I’ve learned a lot about blogging. Now I’m sharing that knowledge through a three week Practical Ed Tech webinar series titled Blogging for Teachers and School Leaders.
Blogging for Teachers and School Leaders is a three week webinar series during which teachers and school administrators will learn the how to choose the best blogging platform for their situations, how to set-up a blog for classroom and school-wide use, and learn about strategies on how to manage blogs in classroom and school-wide settings. Participants will also learn how to avoid the mistakes that often lead to blogging endeavors being abandoned. The next series will meet on December 2nd, 9th, and 16th from 4pm-5pm Eastern Time. All sessions are recorded for participants to watch as many times as they like. Click here to register today!
Who is this webinar series for?
Teachers, school administrators, media specialists, and technology integrators who:
- Have never created blogs… or…
- Have have tried blogging but didn’t get the results they hoped for…or…
- Are planning to lead PD sessions about blogging and want to learn how to structure their trainings as well as access hand-outs they can use in their own training sessions.
- This webinar series costs $87 per seat. (There is a $15 processing fee for registering with a purchase order. That fee is waived for those who register and pay online).
- Click here to register today!
- Three hours of live instruction with Q&A opportunities.
- Access to recordings of each session (recordings can be downloaded for unlimited personal use).
- Digital hand-outs to download and re-use for personal use as well as re-use within their school districts.
- A dedicated discussion forum to access throughout the three week course.
- Certificate of completion.
The live webinar sessions will be held at 4pm ET on December 2nd, 9th, and 16th, 2013
FAQs About Practical Ed Tech Webinars
Q1. What type of computer and or software do I need in order to participate?
A1. You will need a Windows or Mac computer. GoToTraining is Java based. GoToTraining currently supports Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. GoToTraining currently supports Mac OSX. (GoToTraining does not work on Chromebooks or iPads at this time).
Q2. If I miss a webinar or I am late to a webinar, can I watch a recording of it?
A2. Yes, all webinars are recorded and those recordings are available within 18 hours of the completion of each live webinar.
Q3. Can I pay for a webinar using a check or purchase order from my school?
A3. Yes, but there is an additional $15 fee for invoicing and purchase order processing.
Q4. I have a bunch of teachers from my school that I want to enroll, how can I do that?
- A4. If you have ten or more teachers from your school or district that you want to enroll there are a few benefits made just for you. First, we can schedule a webinar series just for you at a time that works best for you. Second, rather than registering each person individually you can just send me a list of those people and their email address and I’ll enroll them for you which will save you an hour or more of time. Third, if you are registering ten or more from the same school or district and you’re paying with a check or purchase order I’ll waive the purchase order processing fee which saves you a minimum of $150.