I often receive emails from teachers who want to create tutorial videos or have students create screencasts on Android devices. AZ Screen Recorder is a great option for doing that. AZ Screen Recorder is a fantastic free app for creating screencasts on your Android phone or tablet. Unlike a lot of Android screencasting apps AZ Screen Recorder does not require you to have root access to your device nor does it require you to mirror to another device to record.
To create a screencast with AZ Screen Recorder on your Android device simply install it then open it and tap the record icon. You will see a three second countdown timer appear on your screen and then you’ll be recording. You can talk over your recording to explain what you’re showing on your screen. When you’re done just tap the stop button and your recording is saved on your device. You can share your recording directly to Google Drive, YouTube, or any other file storage service that is connected to your Android device.
Here are this week’s most popular posts on FreeTech4Teachers.com:
1. Tony Vincent Teaches Us How to Make Great Illustrations
2. 11 Google Apps Updates You Might Have Missed This Month
3. A Great Explanation of Primary Sources vs. Secondary Sources
4. Schedule Assignments in Google Classroom
5. How to Use the New Q&A and Laser Pointer Features of Google Slides
6. Stackup – Create & Track Reading Goals for You and Your Students
7. An Animated Tour of the Water Cycle and Water Treatment
- Only five three are left for the Practical Ed Tech BYOD Camp in July.
- The Practical Ed Tech Chromebook Camp is sold out! Email me to get on the waiting list.
- If coming to Maine isn’t an option for you, take a look at the online workshops I’m hosting throughout the spring and summer.