Returning in Summer 2023!
After a three year hiatus due to the COVI-19 pandemic, the Practical Ed Tech Summer Camp will return in 2023! It’s going to be better than ever before! Stay tuned for more information in the new year.
Summer 2023 – The Return!
This year the Practical Ed Tech Summer Camp will be an online exploration of how to use educational technology in your classroom. This online workshop is based on my framework for using technology to help students discover new information, discuss their ideas, and demonstrate their knowledge.
Highlights of the Practical Ed Tech Summer Camp
- Practical ideas for using technology in your classroom.
- Develop a playbook of strategies to effectively integrate technology into your lessons.
What you will learn.
The event is based on my framework of Discovery, Discussion, and Demonstration. The first part is focused helping students use technology to discover and discuss. The second part is focused on demonstrating knowledge by creating new digital content including podcasts, videos, and other multimedia productions.
- Creating great search lessons.
- Using online discussion tools.
- Making videos and podcasts.
- Creating multimedia stories.
- Assembling digital portfolios.
- Programming simple electronics with Arduino starter kits.
- Develop a mobile app even if you’ve never tried coding!
Who should register for the Practical Ed Tech Summer Camp?
K-12 teachers and curriculum directors who want to discover the best tools and strategies for teaching with technology in the new school year. You do not have to have any prior technology skills in order to learn a lot during the Practical Ed Tech Summer Camp. Just bring a willingness to learn and you’re ready to go. If you are a more experienced user of educational technology, there will be plenty of new tools and ideas for you too. Here’s what some people have said about my previous workshops:
- When I go to teacher led classes at conferences I usually know more than they do. This was not that way 🙂
- @rmbyrne Thank you, Richard – truly inspiring – lots of fantastic information and tips! Can’t wait to explore some more! Have a great day!
- Thanks to @rmbyrne, I know how to make a choose your own adventure story using Google Forms. #edchat #edtech
- And just to give you a little sense of my personality, here’s a Tweet from one of my former students. It’s always a fun history class when you’re trying to roll your tongue with your teacher. #swag @rmbyrne
- TBD – Like most people I’ve been forced to make a quick change in plans for this summer’s event. I’m working with some sponsors to make the event as affordable as possible for everyone that wants to participate.