Updated May 24, 2018
DATA WE COLLECT
Personally Identifiable Data: When you register for a webinar or event, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, or enter information on our site we may ask for your name, email or mailing address, phone number, business name, website URL or other details to improve your ordering and User experience.
Payment and Subscription Data: We do not directly collect, retain, or use your payment information. We use third-party payment processors, and other third-parties for Customer Relationship Management, membership, and webinar services to provide our Services. They may collect Personal Data, so you should check their respective Privacy Policies: PayPal, Gumroad, and GoToWebinar.
Usage Data: We may collect data about your use of our Services such as the values of your searches, previous purchases, etc. to improve your experience and our Services.
Automatically Collected Data: We collect some data automatically when you interact with us, visit our website, or use our Services. We may receive and store information such as an IP address, device ID, and your activities on our website. We may store this information, or it may be stored in databases owned and maintained by affiliates, agents, or service providers. We may use this data or combine it with other data to track the number of users and referral sources for customers and purchase of our products.
Data from other Services: You may give us permission to collect your information through other services. For example, you may interact with us through our blog, Slack, or one of our social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or YouTube. When you do this, you may share certain information available through those accounts.
We also may use third-party analytic tools like Google Analytics that employ cookies to collect information about your use of our Services. You can disable cookies at any time by changing your browser or device settings. Further information about how to disable cookies check your Internet browser provider’s website via your help screen.
WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS PROCESSED
We are based in the United States. No matter where you are located, by using our Services you consent to processing and transfer of your information in and to the United States and other countries. Please understand that US laws and those of other countries governing data collection and use may differ from those of your location.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR HANDLING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Laws in some jurisdictions require us to explain the legal basis we rely on to use or disclose your Personal Data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal basis includes:
- Contractual obligations: To meet our contractual obligations to you or respond to your requests in anticipation of entering a contract for purchasing our Services. As an example, we may handle your Personal Data to create a subscription to our Services.
- Legitimate interests: We may handle your Personal Data on the basis that it furthers our legitimate interests in a manner that is not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms, such as:
- Providing you with a safe and enjoyable user experience;
- Customer service;
- Marketing, such as email announcing new features of our Services;
- Protecting you, our users, and our personnel and property;
- Analyzing and improving our Services by collecting data about how you use our Services wo we may improve design and features;
- Processing job applications; or
- Manage and respond to legal issues.
- Legal compliance: If required to use or disclose Personal Data to comply with legal, regulatory or government requirements.
- To protect your vital interests: To share your data to help resolve an urgent medical or emergency situation.
- Consent: We may handle your data based on your implied or express consent to do so. Where legally permitted or required we handle Personal Data based on your implied or express consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We do not sell your information. There may arise circumstances when we may share your data with third parties, such as in a Business Transfer. If we sell or buy a business or assets or corporation, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar business event, the related transfer of assets may include your Personal Data.
- Consent: If you provide us with consent to transfer your data.
- Developers: If we utilize contracted developers for our website or Services, they may have access to user data as part of their services. We would require any developers to limit use of Personal Data only to what necessary to provide their services to us.
- Related Third Parties: In the event we hire agents, consultants or other companies or individuals to perform services for us. For example, use of a third-party payment processor for purchases.
- Legal compliance: We may disclose your Personal Data if required by law or we believe in good faith we are required to for compliance with a legal obligation, to protect our rights, property, and intellectual property, defend against legal liability, or protect Users’ or other’s personal safety.
- Aggregated Data: We may share non-personally identifiable data (“Aggregated Data”) with third-parties for our business purposes.
You may voluntarily provide us with “Unsolicited Information” such as new product ideas or communicate with us without our request. By sending any Unsolicited Information you agree that it is non-confidential, and we may share, use, reproduce, disclose, and distribute it without limitation or attribution to you. You acknowledge that you bear sole responsibility and release us from all liability related to any Personal Data you willingly provided in any open or public forums to us, other Users or the public.
We only offer our Services to Users over 13 years of age. We do not intentionally or knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 13 and believe they disclosed Personal Data to us, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) which requires consent to processing Personal Data, we will not knowingly process Personal Data for Users under the age of consent established by EEA data protection law. If we discover that we processed any Personal Data covered by these laws, we will cease such processing and take prompt reasonable measures to remove it from our records.
We use our best efforts to protect your Personal Data from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, misuse, or destruction. You should understand that no internet or email transmission is fully secure or error free. Since any email you send to us may not be secure, consider carefully what Personal Data you send via email or the internet.
YOUR DATA RIGHTS
We treat all users equally regardless of location. You may unsubscribe from emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link. You may opt out from cookie-related processing as explained in the Cookies explanation under Data We Collect. If you are in EEA, Canada, Costa Rica, or other non-US jurisdiction, you may have legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold your Personal Data, access your Personal Data (including in portable form), and to correct, update, amend or delete your Personal Data. You also may have the right to object to our use or disclosure, request restrictions on processing, or withdraw your consent for us to use your Personal Data. These rights do not apply retroactively and may not affect our ability to continue processing data as allowed under those laws.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING OR REMOVING YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
To submit a request to access, correct, update, amend or delete your Personal Data, please email us at email@example.com using “Personal Data Request” in the subject line and include an explanation of which Data right you are exercising. On receipt of your request, we verify your identity for your protection prior to initiating any action. Once verified, we begin processing your request and respond within 30 days. You also have the right to request us to stop using or limit our use of your Personal Data if you believe we do not have a lawful basis to use it or you believe it is inaccurate. If you are in the EEA, you have the right to opt-out of all Personal Data processing for direct marketing. To do so, please select “unsubscribe” in any marketing email. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Unsubscribe.”
Applicable law may limit or provide exceptions to your rights and options related to your Personal Data. You also have the right to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority where you are located. We hope you allow us the opportunity to address your concerns about Personal Data first.