When given a question or a research prompt students immediately turn to Google. Unfortunately, while many students think that they know how to use Google they don’t really know how to find information beyond what appears on the first few pages of search results. I put together the document embedded below (click here if you cannot see it) to help teachers guide students to being better users of Google search.
This week’s most popular posts from FreeTech4Teachers.com:
1. 10 Important Google Search Strategies for Students – A PDF Handout
2. 11 Helpful Hints for Combining Google Drive With Symbaloo
3. Three Helpful Gmail Settings for Students and Teachers
4. 5 Online Tools for Creating Picture Books
5. 10 Good Apps & Sites for Creative Writing Projects
6. Active Reading Strategies Using the DocHub Chrome App
7. Video – Three Google Docs Formatting Tips
Summer PD Opportunities With Me.
Teaching History With Technology begins in July.
Getting Going With GAFE begins this Thursday, July 2nd.
Blogs & Social Media for Teachers and School Leaders is offered in July.
Would you like to have me visit your school? Click here to learn about my PD services.