Would You Rather? is a website maintained by John Stevens for the purpose of sharing quick and fun math challenges for students. Would You Rather? presents a picture with a mathematics problem that asks “would you rather?” Most of the questions have a financial aspect to them. One of my favorite examples is this challenge that asks “would you rather go on a 5 minute shopping spree in the store of your choice or get a $2,000 gift card to the store of your choice?” Would You Rather? offers a simple worksheet that your students can use to analyze the choices presented to them in the challenges.
Here are this week’s most popular posts from FreeTech4Teachers.com:
1. Students Can Build and Launch Virtual Rockets on Rocket Science 101 from NASA
2. Tips for Accessing Sites Blocked by Your School
3. Create Audio Recordings and Save Them In Google Drive
4. Please Practice Good Digital Citizenship
5. MoocNote Offers a Chrome Extension for Taking Notes on Videos
6. Would You Rather? – Quick Math Challenges
7. 18 Cartoon Videos About Cyber Safety for Students
Last week I conducted a webinar called Search Strategies Students Need to Know. The webinar sold out. Many people have asked about accessing the recording. The recording of that webinar and all of the others in my Wednesday Webinar series are now available on-demand.
My calendar is filling up, but I still have some dates available. Click here to learn more about workshops and presentations.